while on the topic of taxes and people getting screwed, I got my first paycheck from parks yesterday. when I took this job my annual pay went up by almost $14k, my paycheck after union dues and taxes... almost $150... WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT!
Sad part is that's almost exactly what I calculated it to be before I took the job, so I cant really plead ignorance, I was just kinda hoping that I was off a bit.
The funny part is I'm paying taxes on money that (in part) comes from taxation. Every one here says well it's okay you just get more in your tax return... but every one here is an idiot. My cash flow is moderated by my "financial commitments" such as bills and loans, all of which are usually payed on a monthly basis, so my cash flow really depends on my monthly income, and any major lumps of cash I might come across over a year will just go to fill the gap (debt) left by any major expenses I'd incur through a given year. Bah!
I guess the key is to make sure you have savings, and remember that a salary doesn't mean poop... unless it brings you into a different income bracket... in which case SCORE!!!
Okay, sorry that was way more of a rant than I was planning.
4 comments:
I can see our tax dollars are being well spent ;).
I'll show you tax dollars! I'm going to a conference in Halifax for 5 days ... thank you all for paying for my hotel room porn.
Have a couple of steamed lobsters on me. Might as well throw in a couple of ounces of caviar and a prostitute while your at it.
while on the topic of taxes and people getting screwed, I got my first paycheck from parks yesterday. when I took this job my annual pay went up by almost $14k, my paycheck after union dues and taxes... almost $150... WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT!
Sad part is that's almost exactly what I calculated it to be before I took the job, so I cant really plead ignorance, I was just kinda hoping that I was off a bit.
The funny part is I'm paying taxes on money that (in part) comes from taxation. Every one here says well it's okay you just get more in your tax return... but every one here is an idiot. My cash flow is moderated by my "financial commitments" such as bills and loans, all of which are usually payed on a monthly basis, so my cash flow really depends on my monthly income, and any major lumps of cash I might come across over a year will just go to fill the gap (debt) left by any major expenses I'd incur through a given year. Bah!
I guess the key is to make sure you have savings, and remember that a salary doesn't mean poop... unless it brings you into a different income bracket... in which case SCORE!!!
Okay, sorry that was way more of a rant than I was planning.
"COMMUNISTS!"
Post a Comment