The past couple of weeks have been pretty frustrating for me, but today was just an added kick in nuts when I'm already rolling on the ground screaming "I give!"
I had a doctors appointment scheduled this morning at 8:30 and Shereen and I woke up nice and early to get ready. After we were all dressed and ready to go, Shereen went to go get her purse but couldn't find it. I then went to my hat and noticed that my wallet was missing, great! We looked around and all the windows and doors were locked except for one, where I noticed scuff marks underneath, and in the garden was one of our 35mm cameras. That's when we noticed my camera bag missing. So what appears to have happened is that someone sneaked in through the window after everyone was asleep, yes everyone was home and sound asleep, rummaged through only the living room and jetted. I called the burn clinic where I was supposed be in the next 15 minutes to let them know that I was going to be late, when we heard a knock at the door. It was Erin from upstairs, and she had Shereens purse with her, apparently it was left on their doorstep. Shereen went through her bag and the only things missing was her Ipod and a shitload of quarters she had from doing laundry the other night, her wallet was still in there so she doesn't have to replace any ID. Erin filed a police report for us. Off to the burn clinic.
Shereen and I arrived at the clinic at about 9:30, not to bad only an hour late, but they knew. So a nurse sat us down in one of the rooms and said that she'll be back to take the dressings off and let the doctor know we there. By the time she came back I had more than half the wrappings off, they've been itching like a meth head for the past week. The nurse cut the rest off. After a few minutes of waiting Dr. Boyle came in along with the plastic surgeon, two younger ladies that were either interns or clerks, I don't remember, and a medical person from the military. I love an audience. So they looked over my hands, compared them to the pics from last week and decided on surgery. The nurse came back after and redressed my hands, followed by the plastic surgeon who explained the skin graft procedure. They plan on being able to find time early next week to do the surgery. I will get one days notice and will not be allowed to eat after midnight, otherwise I might turn into a gremlin!
We came back home, and I decided not to go into work for the afternoon because I now need to replace my ID. I grabbed my passport and birth certificate and Shereen, Rocel, and I headed downtown. Shereen had an exam to write so she went off to school. First Rocel and I went to the DMV to get my drivers license replace, I gave them my ID and they asked me a few questions, one being "Do you remember the colour of the shirt you were wearing in your picture?" Next we went to the bank and I got my new debit card and canceled my old one. Now I just need to call Manitoba Health to get my card replaced. The most expensive thing in my wallet was my bus pass.
Fast forward a 40 min bus ride and we're back home now. The phone rings, it's the plastic surgeon from the hospital. They were able to find time for me tomorrow to do my surgery. I thought I was going to have a few days to prepare myself before going under the knife, now I have like a few hours.
Here's more pictures
Left Hand
Right Thumb
Cab rides back and forth from the hospital: $100
Stolen bus pass, SLR camera, Ipod nano: $69, $400, 2500 airmiles
Hands that smell like a wet dog's ass for 3 weeks: Priceless
So how was everyone else's past three weeks?
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
jesus man! did you run over a gypsy or something!?
anyways good luck on the surgery tomorrow.
thanks dude, the last time i had surgery was when I had my wisdom teeth out. and the roll of film i had in my camera was the only shots of me when i modeled for rocel's class when they were doing drag make-up
Can you get me one of those Wound Measuring Guides? Good luck with the surgery man.
In other news, apperantley over the last year there's been slight improvement of the electrical conduction of my leg nerve. Next week I go in to find out if I can ever expect to use my foot again.
thanks chuck, i'll try to remember on my next visit to the clinic, hehehe. It's good to hear about your foot, the pimp cane still looks wicked cool though.
Well the surgery came and went. both arms have casts on them, and there's a tensor bandage around my left thigh over the donor site. so i'm able to type really slow.
Post a Comment